CLC2012 Support Package history
16.06.2014 – Downloadable from Eionet Forum homepage.
- Significantly modified error checking procedure for correcting serious
topological errors in the Revision source database. If database contains
narrow gaps (sliver holes) or overlaps between polygon borders, error
checking merges these holes/overlaps with one of its neighbour.
- In cases of very complex topological errors the error checking procedure
need to run repeatedly. Program gives a warning message about this.
- Improved polygon label placement in the Revision and Change layer.
- Selected revision polygon is marked on the Revision_copy layer too.
- In the InterChange program Progress colouring appears on the Revision_copy
- New project command asks for confirmation to avoid unintended closing
of the actual project.
- Find polygon command in data tables magnifies the very small polygons
only up to 1:10 000 scale. For further magnification use Zoom to selected
command if necessary.
- Fixed disappearing of the labels in the Change layer at some zoom scales.
- Fixed error message if CRS was defined with WKT text, but corresponding
WKT file was not found in the program directory.
- Fixed error appeared in the last version: Error checking procedure marked
small border polygons with size error.
- Fixed false caption of the Change remarks table in the InterCheck program.
- Improved icons in the Information, Warning and Error message dialogs.
14.03.2014 – Was downloadable from Eionet Forum homepage.
- If Change map window is active, Export KML command creates KML file
from visible extent of the Change layer.
- User defined project CRS EPSG code (200 000 – 299 999) visible in the
status bar instead of TatukGIS internal temporary EPSG code (> 7 000 000).
- Fixed error of opening InterCheck *.clp project file in InterChange
with double click or with Open command from a file manager software.
- Fixed error in Error checking procedure if not only the Revision
layer but Change layer contains self crossing (extremly rare occurence
– with CLC2012 software alone impossible to create such topological error).
- Removed prevention of creating technical change polygon over 25 ha in InterChange.
20.11.2013 – Revised and enlarged version was downloadable from Eionet Forum homepage.
- Advanced colour management available in the Improve raster colours window. If raster image contains clouds or larger water surfaces, colours can be set based on an interactively selected area.
- Software specially supports serial search of filtered data in the Revision and Change data tables. User can view either all filtered data, or only the records of polygons which not visited yet during the last search procedure.
- Search window opens with the last settings, user can set the default state with the Reset button.
- If the source data of the Revision layer has self crossing errors, Error checking procedure creates a point database to show these points for further manual control of these areas.
- Error checking procedure accepts small polygons of the complex change areas, therefore these polygons are not marked as size errors.
- Error checking procedure properly handles line shaped (zero area) polygons of complex topological errors.
- User can save the URL text of a WMS layer to disc for farther use, and can load it later. Batch mode WMS layer loading available too.
- Colour of polygon outlines as well as colour and size of code labels can be saved to disc and loaded into another project.
- CLC code and area of the selected polygon are visible in the status bar too.
- Project Coordinate Reference System EPSG code always visible on the status bar.
- If several polygons are selected, CLC data window and status bar shows its total area, and Zoom to selected command adjusts map window scale to size of all selected polygons.
- Code colouring is visible on the Revision copy layer too.
- If polygon mask is on, all functions of the map window's legend stripe are available.
- If selection changes, program automatically switches off polygon mask if it is on.
- Improved visibility of the hair-cross cursor.
- In the Search window the amount of matching polygons can be decreased with area limits.
- With the Gather remarks command remark files can be collected automatically for returning them to the interpreter.
- Fixed confusion of actual and default Coordinate Reference System (CRS), if multiple CRS used.
- Fixed malfunction of Previous zoom command after opening new project or after editing polygons.
- Fixed error of moving map window content with keyboard or mouse in Windows 7, after using operating system message.
- Fixed category colouring error in case of the fourth level (four digit) CORINE categories.
- Fixed access violation error if creating new CRS WKT file in the InterCheck program.
15.04.2013 – Was downloadable from Eionet Forum homepage.
- Repaired overlap of the controls in CLC data window under Windows 7 operating system.
- Fixed unwanted change of the selection in remark data tables if activating map window.
- Fixed xxxxxx is not a floating point value error if copying a map sheet directory from
one computer to the another for control or after control.
- Fixed Access violation... error if searching remark point immediately after
importing a new remark database.
- Fixed synchronization error of the extent of the map windows in any special
cases if searching remark point.
- Fixed invalid under size limit error message, if writing in polygon data
into the record of a modified polygon, which anteriorly was under the size
- Fixed data record mismatch at writing in remark text, if the selection
in the remark data table differs from selection of the remark layer
in the map window.
25.03.2013 – Was downloadable from Eionet Forum homepage.
- Added InterCheck.exe and its accessories for checking revised CLC2006
databases and created Change databases.
- Added repairing topologically invalid polygons in Error checking procedure.
- Modified KML export to avoid automatic tilting of the view in the last versions
of the Google Earth software.
- Immediate refreshing of the Revision and Change data table after all polygon
editing, undo/redo and save.
- Fixed Access violation ... error messages in polygon editing and undo/redo.
- Modified unification of change polygons: for methodological considerations only
those change polygons can be unified, which originated from the same revision polygon.
- Modified merge error handling: only line type common borderline generates merge error.
18.02.2013 – Was downloadable from Eionet Forum homepage.
- Added usage of raster statistics files (created in ESRI ArcGIS software)
for colour band setting in Add raster layer and Histogram dialog.
- Fixed reverse R–B band assignment in case of 4 band IMG raster images.
- Improved refreshing of the Add raster layer dialog after changing band
- Modified usage of the default raster and vector starting directory in
the Default settings, Add raster layer and Add vector layer dialog.
- Fixed CRS assignment mismatch of raster layers if using many CRS in
the CLC2012 work.
- Enlarged URL text box in Add WMS layer window for long http strings.
- Map extent is saved at closing of the project and is restored at the next opening.
- Fixed E data field error, occurred by writing in data into the Revision or
- Fixed false "under size limit" error messages.
- Fixed any "Access violation ..." error messages during editing polygons.
- Fixed unwanted switching off Transparent black setting by loading raster
images with many files option.
- Fixed fault in Error checking procedure: in some cases holes in the
Revision layer was not found.
14.01.2013 – Was downloadable from Eionet Forum homepage.
– National Environmental Agency
– Umweltbundesamt GmbH
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
– University of Sarajevo,
Faculty of Agriculture and Food Science
– Executive Environment Agency
– OIKON (Institute for Applied Ecology Ltd.);
– GDi GISDATA Zagreb
– Ministry of Agriculture: Natural Resources & Environment
- Czech Republic
– CENIA (Czech Environmental Information Agency)
– Estonian Environment Agency
– Estonian Map Centre
– National Cadastre and Mapping Agency S. A.
– Institute of Geodesy, Cartography and Remote Sensing
– National Land Survey of Iceland
– Environmental Protection Agency
– Kosovo Environmental Protection Agency
– Latvian Geospatial Information Agency
– Lithuanian Environmental Protection Agency
– GeoVille Environmental Services
– Malta Environment and Planning Authority
– GOVE D.O.O.
– Norwegian Forest and Landscape Institute
– Institute of Geodesy and Cartography
– Direcao-Geral do Território
– Danube Delta National Institute for Research & Development
– Slovak Environmental Agency
– Swiss Federal Institute for Forest, Snow and Landscape Research;
– Federal Office for the Environment
– MFB-GeoConsulting GmbH
– The Ministry of Forest Water Affairs: Information Technologies Department
- United Kingdom
– The University of Leicester;
– Specto Natura Limited
CLC2000 Support Package
CLC2000 Support Package has been developed for Remote Sensing Centre of Hungarian Institute of Geodesy, Cartography and Remote Sensing (FÖMI), in order to help the implementation of the European CLC2000 project managed jointly by the European Environment Agency (EEA) and Joint Research Centre (JRC). The software operates under ArcView environment. ArcView software is designed primarily for viewing GIS databases with tools for creating maps, menus for handling databases and graphical editing tools. At the same time, ArcView includes only limited and less effective tools for creating and filling new polygon databases or modifying existing polygon databases. As a solution, CLC2000 software under ArcView provided a cheap tool for quick and comfortable editing and handling of CORINE Land Cover databases.
CLC2000 software was a macro package written in Avenue, ArcView's own macro language. The software was a supplement to ArcView 3.2/3.3 GIS. The use of the CLC2000 Support Package significantly facilitated updating, change detection, quality control and correction of land cover databases by means of computer-assisted visual photo-interpretation. The CLC2000 software was used by 15 European national teams, out of 30 participating countries for interpreting changes in CLC2000 project.
Avenue is an object oriented scripting language and development environment fully integrated with ESRI ArcView GIS software. With help of Avenue user can freely customize the user interface of ArcView, and can create complete applications for specific GIS tasks. Unfortunately ArcView came outdated. Last version 3.3 released in 2002, and since 2005 ESRI provides only limited support for this product. Recent ESRI software ArcGIS uses Visual Basic as built-in scripting language.
CLC2006 Support Package
CLC2006 Support Package was a significantly modified and improved version of CLC2000 Support Package. Beyond many improvements an advanced code, polygon area and code change probability statistics was available in the software. A fully new part of the package was the LUCAS photo viewer, which is a standalone executable written in Delphi programing language. The package consist of four main parts:
InterPrepare for the national central team can be used for the preparation of source files and work directories for change detection.
InterChange program provides a tool for the revision of CLC2000 land cover database and supports the interpretation of land cover changes in order to create the CLC2006 database.
InterCheck program serves the checking of revised CLC2000 and CLC-Change map sheets.
LUCAS photo viewer displays the main land cover and land use data of the currently selected LUCAS point as well as the field photographs belonging to the point, if any.
CLC2006 software was distributed by MLOG Instruments Ltd., Budapest, Hungary. In the European CLC2006 project 17 European national teams used this software (see figure). Further two countries purchased licenses only of the InterCheck program, the control part of the package. InterCheck program has been prepared primarily for supporting the CLC2006 Technical Team, although national central teams might also use it as a tool for final checking of the completed CLC2006 and CLC-Change databases.
CLC2006 checking procedure was done in all 38 participating countries with help of the InterCheck software, because it can be used for checking CLC2006 and CLC-Change databases in any file format that can be added to ArcView program as a theme (ESRI shapefile, ARC/INFO coverage, AutoCAD drawing etc.), i.e. not only those that has been prepared with InterChange.
CLC2006 software legal users
- France (InterCheck only),
- Latvia (InterCheck only),
LUCAS is an acronim (Land Use/Cover Area frame statistical Survey). Land cover refers to the bio-physical coverage of land (e.g. crops, grass, broad-leaved forest, or build-up area). Land use indicates the socio-economic use of land (e.g. agriculture, forestry, recreation or residential use). Land cover/use data also forms the basis for spatial and territorial analyses which are increasingly crucial for policy planning in many respects.
CLC2012 software preliminary considerations
Limits of the ArcView software
CLC2006 Support Package runs on the base of the ESRI ArcView software. Last version of ArcView (3.3) was released in May 2002 and since April 2005 ESRI has provided only limited support for this product. There is no guarantee that software runs under future Windows operating system versions without any problem. Institutions established lately or new users usually do not have licenses of this software. Additionally, in ArcView there is no possibility to use on-the-fly coordinate reference system transformations, and web mapping services. Due to these arguments it is reasonable to find a new basis for the further development of the CLC Support Package.
The CLC2000 software was free for participating countries on the condition that it is used solely in the implementation of the CLC2000 project. Conversely, CLC2006 software was a commercial product, customers therefore could use software licenses without any time or project limitations. In case of CLC2012 Support Package the decision was to make it available for participating countries free of charge and at the same time make sure that no additional costs (of purchasing the background commercial GIS) put burden on participants. Therefore two options for development were left: either using open source software as background for the development, or creating standalone executable software with a royalty free GIS object library.
Creating standalone executable
Royalty free means that if the developer purchases the object library, all software products, created with help of this library, can be retailed or sold without any further payment to the manufacturer of the object library. The standalone executable can be developed in any common programming language (Delphi, C++Builder, .NET, etc.), that can handle Windows Visual Component Library (VCL) objects.
- Developer does not need to conform to the unalterable facilities and restrictions of the background software.
- The user interface and program features can be optimized for the work, without unnecessary tools and controls.
- User does not need to purchase, install and tune any other software.
Professional integrated software development environment for creating applications for arbitrary purposes. Delphi was originally developed by Borland Software Corporation as a rapid application development tool for Windows, based on the Object Pascal programming language. Since 2008 Embarcadero Technologies owns Borland’s developer tools section.
Last versions generate native code for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows operating systems, as well as for 32-bit Mac OS X, iOS and Android operating system.
The TatukGIS Developer Kernel is a comprehensive GIS Visual Componenet Library for the custom development of stand-alone, embedded, and client-server applications using object-oriented languages. The Developer Kernel is generally oriented to open standards and designed to comply with a number of OGC (Open Geospatial Consortium) standards.